Thursday 30 July 2009

Tired!

Hi everyone,

We're nearly at the end of our 4th week now and things are beginning to wind up. We leave Monkey Bay on Tuesday and fly out of Blantyre on Wednesday morning, but tomorrow will be our last day on the orphanage project. We've got a few things planned for the weekend, and it's quite sad to be saying our goodbyes to all the people we have met through the orphanages, the building, the football team and the MVO staff, but we are also looking foward to getting home, having a proper wash and going for a curry!

I went to see the hospital today, as I wanted to get a better idea of the medical projects before we leave. I helped out with some routine observations, but it was a fair way out of my comfort zone so I took a back seat for the most part. We did our last afternoon building today and Amy and I are going to Chilombo orphanage (our favourite) tomorrow morning.

We're not going to be able to give blood as the blood drive has been delayed(!)

As ever, I'm missing so much out, but I'm going to bed now.

Andy (and Amy, who has already gone to bed!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy and Amy, Good to hear you're still having a great time. Hope your last few days go well. And you got your wish, Andy. Ling has been appointed on a three year contract! Love from all of us Down Under.

    ReplyDelete